Friday, June 19, 2009

We can only do so much....what are you going to do for yourself?

We are on a constant quest to become more educated and cultured individuals. One of the steps of our journey is reading as much as we can.......Nia's topic/inspiration this week: Haile Selassie!
This man inspires me like no other. What good is fashion if you have NO sense? What good is knowledge if you don't KNOW history? What good is finishing the race if you haven't ENDURED a journey? I want my people to be knowledgeable on a plethora of ideas, people, and things. Reading about Selassie has really taught me the importance of understanding OUR people and their needs in terms of prosperity, peace, and rightenous!

"We have finished the job....what shall we do with the tools?"-telegram to Winston Churchill

::Disclaimer:: I've been in my real afro-centric, Rastafari, African diaspora, candle-lighting, meditating mood lately! CLEARLY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment